See:

public class CompassActivity extends Activity implements Renderer,
SensorEventListener {

The CompassActivity implements SensorEventListener  and override the
onSensorChanged() method. I am curious when the hardware accelerator
is moving, how can the system invoke this callback? I mean how can the
Compass application register itself to the system so that the system
can know it has the registered callback need to be notified when the
events happen?

Thanks.
Bin