I am not much of a programmer...my last programming class was FORTRAN.
But I love this phone with the exception of one problem:  I hate the
autolock feature of the phone.

http://androidforums.com/application-requests/4517-paying-50-app.html

I can provide references via eBay or the Corvette Forums as to my
credibility that I will pay immediately upon usage of an application
that does this very simple action:

Simply turn off the default autolock feature.  As it stands now the
phone locks once the screen times out.  This battery is not good
enough on the G1 to leave the backlight on at all times nor should it
be necessary.  Yes I realize you only need to hit the menu button
twice but that gets annoying when texting back and forth.

I have tried Autolock and Lock 2.0 and neither fulfills this
requirement.

I look forward to hearing from you.  You can contact me at
matthew.a.jo...@us.army.mil or on the forums that I provided above.

I am not the only person with this problem.  It should have been an
option from the get-go to turn off or leave on.