guiha...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm the lead developer of TotalCross, a virtual machine that's just
> like the one used in Android, and targetted for small devices.
> Currently, using TotalCross, you write programs completely cross-
> platform among Palm OS 5, BlackBerry, iPhone, Windows 32, Windows CE
> (2,3,4,5,6) and Java-enabled platforms.

SuperWaba! I remember you guys! I played around a bit with it way back
when, for Palm OS.

> We plan to port TotalCross to Android, but i'm concerned about the
> legal way. I'm aware that there may be hack C APIs for Android, but
> will these APIs allow the users to sell their applications in a legal
> fashion?

There is no good way today for you to deploy a C-based TotalCross to
existing Android devices, though it could get included in firmware
builds by device manufacturers.

The eventual Android NDK will hopefully change that:

http://groups.google.com/group/android-ndk

> I could easily
> port our VM to Android if there were a standard C api on it. However,
> all i see is Java APIs.

At the SDK level, that is correct. At the firmware level
(http://source.android.com), you get C.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android App Developer Training: http://commonsware.com/training.html