Yep, it's possible.  :)  You're probably looking to do it through an
attribute.  Here's a quick example which works when you change
android:theme on the activity.

== styles.xml ==

<resources>
        <item name="skyState">@style/cloudy</item>

        <item name="skyState">@style/sunny</item>

        <item name="android:background">#8444</item>
        <item name="android:textColor">#f888</item>

        <item name="android:background">#8088</item>
        <item name="android:textColor">#f0ff</item>
</resources>

== attrs.xml ==

<resources>
    <attr name="skyState" format="reference" />
</resources>

== layout.xml ==

<TextView
    android:layout_width="fill_parent"