Hi Diana,

At the time I started coding I was unsure if opengl would be hardware
enabled on all upcoming devices. And starting plain 2d on a new device
seemed more easy to start with. As for my animations, I create those with an
animation package where most of the times I only need to have 1 color to be
fully transparant.