I can't use DefaultHttpClient because I need to get the OutputStream
for writing to the remote server. But anyway... I accidently got this
working, by calling the method that starts the thread (where all
HttpUrlConnection stuff is handled) from an Activity class. Before I
had it in a class that implements the onClickListener interface. But I
have no idea why it is working now correctly.

-Mika