What is your goal here? The copy protection mechanism in Android isn't
strong, so if it's to try and mitigate piracy I'd not bother. It won't
work and will inconvenience your users.

In case you think I'm some kind of anti-DRM activist, I'm not. If
somebody produced a secure and convenient way to distribute Android
apps I'd be a happy guy. For now, your best bet is to produce
something yourself, and rely on the relative obscurity of Dalvik
bytecode to ward off crackers.

Longer term, this is something Android ISVs will have to research
carefully. Android is actually the most crack friendly OS I've seen,
as it quite heavily restricts what apps can do but users [who root
their phone] have complete freedom, so it's even worse than on Windows
where apps and users do at least fight on a level playing field (not
that it helps much).