I especially create clean platform setup for Android builds. And do
not use platform for any other tasks.
All environment setup I did according to published by Google
documentation. So I expect 99% match on requirements for building
Android OS.

My OS: Linux Ubuntu x86 i386 v9.04

Looks like 1.5 release was very hard and android team tiered.:)

Thanks,
Good Luck