I had the same problem.

You can fix it yourself (for now), by running the MediaScanner over
the file you just saved.
Get the DATA column of your image-uri. The DATA ("_data") column holds
the physical file-path of your image. Use this file-path in the
MediaScanner (and MediaScannerConnection) to scan your image. When
this is done, you no longer get the exception.