Hi, I would like to host app widgets in my own application, and I have
a few questions associated with it.

1)  When creating an AppWidgetHost instance, there is a hostId that
needs to be supplied, what happens if this collides with another
application's hostId?

2) It seems the only way to obtain an AppWidgetProviderInfo object for
an AppWidget is to throw the APPWIDGET_PICKER intent.  Is this true?
Or is there another way I can directly request it from an
application?  The reason being, I only want a subset of the widgets,
and I know what packages contain them, so I don't need the picker to
pop up.

3) Also, can I pass extra data to the AppWidget's creation activity
for use when figuring out what to display?

Thanks in advance!  (And probably thanks to jsharkey since you might
be answering these :) )