If you press back and arrive at the same activity you started on, I
think that's a bug that I've only seen when using Eclipse to develop.
I think if you press back as far as you can possibly go, until you
reach the home screen, then run the app from the phone (not from
eclipse) it will behave normally. Running the app from the IDE seems
to screw around with the task stack for some reason.