Nick Pelly wrote:
> On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Jonas Petersson <jonas.peters...@xms.se>
> wrote:
>> [...] the thing that
>> stops me from developing the application my employer (and his customers)
>> wants is the lack of ability to receive a file via OBEX (OPP).
>
> Input as to what profiles are important is appreciated - especially
> from people actually writing apps.

Glad to hear. I'd be happy to provide further details on this. Possibly
even code snippets from our other platform implementations if that could
help at all (the high port trick thing is a bit odd).

>> Any kind of hint as to whether such functionality is months or years
>> away would be much appreciated.
>
> Sorry can't give specific guidance on timing.
>
> But in general I think you'll notice Android has been moving pretty
> quickly. For example we released A2DP in 6 months.

I understand. I really hope to get the OBEX stuff in the next release.
Can't say I've had any use for A2DP, but I understand that implementing
stuff that has no/limited API exposure in the SDK is easier on you - but
somewhat frustrating on us...

                        Best / Jonas