As Disconnect noted, the ADP1 builds do not update OTA. Some third-party
builds mis-report themselves (mistakenly, I doubt this is intentional) as
builds that can update OTA, so if you had previously installed a third-party
build, that's likely why.  Unfortunately this configuration is
unsupported, and it is likely to break or behave in strange ways such
as what you describe.
You can try wiping data (that is, do a Factory Reset from the Settings
menu); this frequently helps.  However, note that your device is still
on an unsupported configuration.
 If you want to get back to a supported configuration, download the 1.5 ADP1
image from HTC's site, install it, and wipe data.

- Dan