It makes a copy.  This is how SQLite works.  What things you need to observe
is really dependent on your schema...  and if this isn't behind a content
provider, it is actually entirely up to you to tell your code when things
change so you can do that however you want.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

answer them.