Hi all,

Wanted to develop a mobile application for Android devices that stores
data locally and synchonizes (bidirectionally) local data with a
database server every 'N' minutes. That is, instead of building a web
application accesible from Android's browser that forces me to be
"always connected", I wanted to try the approach of "sometimes
connected" scenario.

I was thinking in using MySQL as server backend, but new to Android
and don't know which are the options to communicate and synchronize
data between mobile devices and servers. Is there any Android library
that makes this always hellish synchronization work easier?

What about Google Gears?

Thanks very much in advance.

--
Miguel