On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 11:22 PM, HelloWorld <xiaolong_...@yahoo.com.cn> wrote:

> Dear all,
>    I am studying Android power-on routine (including how many
> processes are launched in system init stage and the launch sequence of
> them )these days. Would you please point me if there is any document
> regarding this topic available? Thank you in advance.

You should turn on bootchart, which is supported in /init.
Documentation on this is available in system/core/init/README.BOOTCHART

There's a page describing how use bootchart with Android, at:
http://elinux.org/Using_Bootchart_on_Android

On that elinux page, there's a sample bootchart of cupcake in an emulator
(on a rather slow desktop system).

If other people have sample bootchart images, maybe they can upload
them to the wiki page?

 -- Tim