Hi All

This query is regarding android  UI & Worker threads.

I am writing an application in which I have

1.An Activity with a button in it. On clicking this button, i need to
start a new thread which would do some graphics rendering by calling
native C calls.(these are loaded in the form of a shared object.)
This rendering screen inturn has some menus like pause/stop etc.

2.Now on seleting any of these menus, i want to call the respective
native C functions.(All that needs to call the native C fucntions
should be done in a child thread.)

For example, when the rendering is going on(Worker thread), if the
user clicks on pause button on that screen, the Main thread should
pick this event and send a msg to Worker thread saying a pause event
has come and based on this msg, child thread will cal its own native C
pause function to pause the animation.( I donot want to do any
animation related stuffs in my main thread for better performance & I
have all native pause/run/stop/et all been implemented too.)

3. In total,i need to handle all native C related acivities in a child
thread and all the notification related to UI in a main thread.

Is there any good way of doing this? The APIs in Handler make child to
post a message to the main thread after its execution. But what i want
is, any UI event shud be notified to Main first which would then tell
child to act accordingly.

This looks like a typical scenario in almost all mobile games. Hope
there is a good solution!! Please do suggest. Any ideas in this regard
are highly appreciable

Thanks
Latha