Man, we are pulling our out over this....

We have a service. bindService() returns true. But our
ServiceConnection is never called with onConnect(). The onCreate() of
the service is never executed (neither is the onBind(), of course).

Except sometimes! (twice now, out of many many tries).

Remote service, local service, intent-filter, direct class
invocation, "procedure" attribute, no procedure attribute, cupcake,
1.1, emulator, device ... we've tried 'em all!

We belive the service is found, and in the remote case, we see the
new process always created ... but the dang service just isn't
started. We aren't specifying any security settings and writing the
simplest manifest entry we can....

Does this sound familiar to anyone? What can we check?

Thanks, as always.

-- Ward