I need a map from int to certain objects. I wanted to use the HashMap,
but in the documentation of SparseArray
it says that SparseArray is intented to be *more efficient*:
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/util/SparseArray.html

However i think the documentation is not entirely correct and needs
more info:
When reviewing the sourcecode of SparseArray and comparing it with the
HashMap i come to the following conclusion

Source code of Sparse Array:
http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/frameworks/base.git;a=blob_plain;f=core/java/android/util/SparseArray.java;hb=HEAD

For SpareArray:
Time complexity for reads and writes on a map of size N is log2(N) +
1,

However the time complexity for a HashMap of size N is C*N (where C is
a constant)
(according to the javadoc
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/HashMap.html)

So maybe SparseArray is more efficient with respect to space
complexity it is not for time complexity.
So for programs that need high performance a HashMap may be better.

At least thats what i think. Am i right? Am i wrong?
I need a very fast implementation for my game :-)