I made a lot of changes to my app : databases scheme, graphics, code,
etc. The biggest is the package name that I renamed to a total
different one. The applicatgio got the same name and Id in the
manifeste.xml file and the apk got the same name, with the same
digital signature.

Nevertheless, when using ./adb install -r myapp.apk, myapp appears
twice in the menu.

How can I prevent this from happening, and if I can't, how can I
automate he migration ?

I have several clues : prompting the user for uninstalling the old
app, copying the database from the old file to the new one, etc.