Hi Guys,

Im trying to run an unix command from my application,

Basically I want to extract a tar file, but Im getting an I/O
exception while running the below code.

Can you please tell me as to how this has to be done

////////////////////////////

executeCommand("tar", "- xvf", pathOfFileToBeExtracted);

///////////////////////////

public static void executeCommand(String command, String arg0, String
arg1) throws Exception {
                try {

                        Class execClass = Class.forName("android.os.Exec");
                        Method createSubprocess =
execClass.getMethod("createSubprocess",
                        String.class, String.class, String.class, int[].class);
                        Method waitFor = execClass.getMethod("waitFor",
int.class);

                        int[] id = new int[1];
                        FileDescriptor fileDescriptor = (FileDescriptor)
createSubprocess.invoke(
                        null, command,  arg0, arg1, id);

                        FileInputStream inputStream = new
FileInputStream(fileDescriptor);
                        BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader
(inputStream));
                        String output = "";
                                String line;
                                while ((line = reader.readLine()) != null) {
                                        output += line + "\n";
                                }
                        waitFor.invoke(null, id[0]);

                } catch (Exception e) {