Thanks for the quick response David.  I've only seen this on the 1.5
emulator running from the 1.5 SDK, I haven't tried the 1.1 emulator.
Previously I was running the 1.0 SDK and never saw it.  Below is the /
system/build.prop from the emulator, let me know if you need anything
else.

It happens on all apps that I've tried, I noticed it first in our app
then tried the browser, which is what I took the trace from (opening
www.google.com).  Our app is doing a java.net.HttpURLConnection.connect
() when it fails, not sure if the browser uses that too.

I haven't been able to reproduce it so far when running with -tcpdump,
but I'll let you know if I do.

-- Peter

--
ro.build.id=CUPCAKE
ro.build.display.id=sdk-eng 1.5 CUPCAKE 147336 test-keys
ro.build.version.incremental=147336
ro.build.version.sdk=3
ro.build.version.release=1.5
ro.build.date=Tue Apr 21 21:10:23 PDT 2009
ro.build.date.utc=1240373423
ro.build.type=eng
ro.build.user=android-build
ro.build.host=undroid16.mtv.corp.google.com
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=sdk
ro.product.brand=generic
ro.product.name=sdk
ro.product.device=generic
ro.product.board=
ro.product.manufacturer=unknown
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.board.platform=
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=generic
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=sdk-eng 1.5 CUPCAKE 147336 test-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=generic/sdk/generic/:1.5/CUPCAKE/147336:eng/test-
keys
# end build properties
#
# system.prop for generic sdk
#

rild.libpath=/system/lib/libreference-ril.so
rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttyS0

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
ro.config.notification_sound=F1_New_SMS.ogg
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=1
xmpp.auto-presence=true
ro.config.nocheckin=yes
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt