I am a little surprised that when drawing many individual pixels to a
canvas, I get much faster performance from Canvas.drawPoint with a
Paint object than I get with Bitmap.setPixel with a direct color.
First, I would expect the Paint object to be more complicated than a
numerical color.  Second, doesn't drawing to the canvas require
translating the command to the underlying Bitmap anyway.  Thus
shouldn't it be faster to get a ref to the Canvas's Bitmap and draw to
it directly?

Any thoughts on this?  Does anyone understand why this is the case?

Furthermore, are these the fastest methods for setting individual
pixels or is there another method?  I tried Canvas.drawLine and stuff,
but naturally, drawPoint() was faster.  No surprise there.

Thanks.