Hi there,

For (1) the ADC2 Terms and Conditions will hopefully address this.

You also could mention in an about dialog or whatever that this
version is intended for ADC2 judging and evaluation/trial purposes
only and that other paid/evaluation version(s) will be made available
after ADC2 has concluded.

For (2) as a suggestion, on application startup check if the current
system date is beyond final ADC2 judging period eg 2009-12-31 (being
careful about the date to use as, for example, ADC1 was extended
beyond it original closing date) if so display a descriptive dialog/
alert, then start an activity via an intent to show a website page or
a search in the market and or just call finish in your main activity.

Alternatively, if applicable, add a remote kill switch to your
application, controlled through some website page, search the forums
for discussion/example methods eg

http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/c40769a07bb4c5c7#

This or some variation might also be helpful as well -
http://www.tomgibara.com/android/veecheck/

Regards