Made it work, thanks David.

On Vista, when you enable GPS reception in the Dell Control Point,
click on "View network status details". It will show you the (serial)
port where the GPS data is flowing to. In a console, enter "emulator -
avd avd_name -gps COM<port_number>". This will start the emulator and
when you start your location app, you should be receiving real GPS
data.

Lex