Daniel wrote:
> I am getting this error as well.  Has there been a solution?

There's a workaround that has worked for me:

"Fortunately, using the Google Maps JAR file from Android 1.5r1 seems to
work. To fix up your SDK this way, do the following:

1. Visit http://developer.android.com/sdk/1.5_r1/index.html and download
the appropriate SDK for your platform

2. UnZIP the archive file in some likely place

3. Copy the add-ons/google_apis-3/libs/maps.jar from your Android 1.5r1
SDK into the same spot in Android 1.5r2, optionally renaming the
existing maps.jar to some other name if you are nervous about this step"

(from http://commonsware.com/AndTutorials/)

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Development Wiki: http://wiki.andmob.org