I am trying to make normal Android Views render offscreen so i can use
them as textures.

I can ofcourse call onDraw() on the views myself but how do i know
which Views i need to call this on. I really dont want to do this
every frame for all my views, only on the ones that has called
invalidate on themselves since the last frame.

I tried implementing a ViewParent but that does not work. I can not
call assignParent() on my views since that method is package private
so there is no way for me to get invalidation callbacks from my
children.

My next idea what to implement a ViewGroup and put the Views under
that then perhaps i can override invalidateChild() ? But that does not
work either since I can not override invalidateChild() in ViewGroup
since that mehod is final.

I then started looking at ViewTreeObserver. But there is no way to get
information on which Activities have been invalidated from any of the
callbacks in ViewTreeObserver.

Does anyone know how i can get information on what views needs to
redraw themselfes and how to get the dirty rect they supplied to
invalidate ?