I added a notification for an ongoing process, however when this is clicked
on it triggers a duplicate process and when you exit the duplicated process
the original copy is re-run by the operating system.

The app I'm working on doesn't use the main activity window, except to
trigger one of 2 other activities and this might be part of the problem
since I noticed the same issue in other applications like AndNav2.

My question is, how do I work round the issue to bring the running activity
to the front, rather than triggering a new activity, killing the first and
then the OS re-runs the first activity when the new one is quit?