If you look at the Overlay class, there is an onTap() method, this
will be called when a tap gesture on your map is made and it will be
called on all Overlays in the MapViews list. onTap() asks you to
return true if the given point was an overlay.

This check is up to you to decide, presumably if you're successfully
drawing them using the draw() method, you will know how to check for
bounds. Naturally if you're returning true, you will be on the Overlay
object that is being hit, so you can tell it to perform some action on
it self (highlight etc) or callback to some other method somewhere
else, whatever you want.

This is probably the easiest way to check of an Overlay was tapped.
Though note if you're blocking MapViews onTouchEvent() from running,
you may also be blocking the calls to onTap(), so if you override
onTouchEvent(), make sure to call super.