mf-team wrote:
> i'm writing an application that needs to store some small jpeg or
> pngs. Looking at the documentation i have seen that databases are
> stored under /data/data/package_name/databases
> I decided to store my data under /data/data/package_name/files.
> With the emulator i can see all these files (databases and images)
> under the proposed directories but moving the application on a real
> device and installing a file system browser i cannot see any file
> under /data. Can anyone explain me why?

Security.

> My application works perfectly on my mobile (HTC magic) so i think
> that data is downloaded and stored.
> If this is a security constraint, do i need to put the application
> under debug on the mobile in order to inspect file system?

AFAIK, there is no way to "inspect" the file system on a normal (i.e.,
non-rooted) production device. That means you cannot browse it with DDMS.

At least for debug-compiled apps, I used to have success using adb pull
to directly reference a file and download it off the device, though I
haven't tried that since Android 1.5 was released.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Looking for Android opportunties? http://wiki.andmob.org/hado