The JavaDoc of Context's public abstract void startActivity (Intent
intent) said:

This method throws ActivityNotFoundException if there was no Activity
found to run the given Intent.

But when I look at the android source code, it does not catch
ActivityNotFoundException.

For example in AlarmClock.java:

 digitalClock.setOnClickListener(new OnClickListener() {
                    public void onClick(View v) {
                        if (true) {
                            Intent intent = new
Intent(AlarmClock.this, SetAlarm.class);
                            intent.putExtra(Alarms.ID, id);
                            startActivityForResult(intent, SET_ALARM);
                        } else {
                            // TESTING: immediately pop alarm
                            Intent fireAlarm = new
Intent(AlarmClock.this, AlarmAlert.class);
                            fireAlarm.putExtra(Alarms.ID, id);
                            fireAlarm.setFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK);
                            startActivity(fireAlarm);
                        }
                    }
                });

Can you please tell me what is the code which handles the case when
there is no activity for that intent?

Thank you.