Okay for your information.

I have used class for a this BroadcatReceiver :

public class OnBootReceiverextends BroadcastReceiver
{
    private static final String TAG="BootstrapService";
    private BootstrapService mBootstrapService;

    @Override
    public void onReceive(Context context, Intent intent)
    {
        Log.d(TAG,"onReceive() ---ENTER---");
        Log.d(TAG,"Intent ACTION: "+intent.getAction());
        Log.d(TAG,"Intent CATEGORIES ...");
        Set<String> catSet=intent.getCategories();
        Iterator<String> it=catSet.iterator();
        while (it.hasNext())
        {
            Log.d(TAG,"  "+it.next());
        } // WHILE
        Log.d(TAG,"Done.");
        // This is broadcast once, after the system has finished booting.
        if ( intent.getAction() == intent.ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED )
        {
            mBootstrapService.AutostartService();
        } // IF
        Log.d(TAG,"onReceive() ---EXIT-----");
    } // onReceive
} // OnBootReceiver

And beside my second class that is launched by the previous one :

import android.app.Service;

//Need the following import to get access to the app resources, since this
//class is in a sub-package.
import com.OrangeLabs.BootstrapService.R;

// @brief Main class for the BootstrapService Android service
public class BootstrapService extends Service
{

--> Is it correct 'cos i don't see the log information in logcat through DDMS ?
      Furthermore i don't see my package running in the DDMS listing ?
      (For information, the test with the OnBootReceiver is well working and is
well launched)

And finaly my AndroidManifest.xml file :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

    package="com.OrangeLabs.BootstrapService"
    android:versionCode="1"
    android:versionName="1.0">
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.net.wifi.WIFI_STATE_CHANGED" />
    <application android:label="@string/app_name">
        <receiver android:name=".OnBootReceiver">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED" />
            </intent-filter>
        </receiver>
        <receiver android:name=".OnWifiReceiver">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.net.wifi.WIFI_STATE_CHANGED" />
            </intent-filter>
        </receiver>
        <service android:enabled="true" android:name=".BootstrapService" />
    </application>
    <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="3"></uses-sdk>
</manifest>

ps : another interesting link was :
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/8a0ebc433e1351a3

Cordialement