Hey,

I'm facing a problem when trying to customize dialogs in my
application. Here is the description.

I have an activity louching a Dialog created as follow

protected Dialog onCreateDialog(int id) {
Dialog selectorDialog;
View layout = getLayoutInflater().inflate(R.layout.MyLayout,
(ViewGroup) findViewById(R.id.root_layout));
selectorDialog = new Dialog(this, R.style.MyLayout);
selectorDialog.addContentView(layout, new LayoutParams
(LayoutParams.FILL_PARENT, LayoutParams.WRAP_CONTENT));
return selectorDialog;
}

For easy understanding MyLayout is a single line of Text (LinearLayout
+ TextView)
I use a custom theme :
        <item name="android:windowBackground">@drawable/MyBackground</
item>

The result is nice, I have MyBackground image set for my
selectorDialog but...
I have a blank space that correspond to the dialog title and I don't
want it !!!
(If i set selectorDialog.setTitle("Test"); I can see "Test" written in
the undesired space...)

So I tried to set :

selectorDialog.requestWindowFeature(Window.FEATURE_NO_TITLE);

But the displayed dialog looks like the same as when I use an
AlertDialog.Builder :

protected Dialog onCreateDialog(int id) {
Dialog selectorDialog;
View layout = getLayoutInflater().inflate(R.layout.MyLayout,
(ViewGroup) findViewById(R.id.root_layout));
AlertDialog.Builder builder = new AlertDialog.Builder(this);
builder.setView(layout);
selectorDialog = builder.create();
return selectorDialog;
}

In the first case : selectorDialog.requestWindowFeature
(Window.FEATURE_NO_TITLE);
I set MyTheme when creating the Dialog instance but it doesn't seem
that it takes effect.
I have no title... but not the custom Dialog background specified in
styles.xml

In the second case I can't figure (out) how to set the theme... and I
have the same result : no title but the standard Android AlertDialog
Theme.

I prospect in the platform (1.5) /res
And i Find  in themes.xml :

 <item name="alertDialogStyle">@android:style/AlertDialog</item>

And in styles.xml :

        <item name="fullDark">@android:drawable/popup_full_dark</item>
        <item name="topDark">@android:drawable/popup_top_dark</item>
        <item name="centerDark">@android:drawable/popup_center_dark</
item>
        <item name="bottomDark">@android:drawable/popup_bottom_dark</
item>
        <item name="fullBright">@android:drawable/popup_full_bright</
item>
        <item name="topBright">@android:drawable/popup_top_bright</
item>
        <item name="centerBright">@android:drawable/
popup_center_bright</item>
        <item name="bottomBright">@android:drawable/
popup_bottom_bright</item>
        <item name="bottomMedium">@android:drawable/
popup_bottom_medium</item>
        <item name="centerMedium">@android:drawable/
popup_center_medium</item>

I also tried to extend this AlerteDialog style but the attributes
fullDark, topDark, ... are not public so I can't override those
properties.... Moreover I dont want to override 10 properties I have a
single custom NinePathDrawable that fits perfectly for my dialog
background !!!!!!

Has one of you already manage to set a custom background for a custom
Dialog without having the useless title space displayed ?

Is there anyway to customize this by themes & styles ?

Thank you for your help.