Hi,
   I have read a couple of threads about Bitmap creation and release
using "recycle()" but still have a problem with an OOM when running my
app (that creates bitmaps) on hardware - the dev phone 1 in this case.
Multiple passes through my application screens work fine in the
emulator but performing the same actions on the device results in an
OOM exception almost immediately.
   At this point I would really like a deterministic way to replicate
the scenario on the emulator which I thought should be possible by
limiting its memory (though I did read somewhere that the emulator and
the dev phone 1 have the same default memory so this should be moot
but whatever) i.e. -memory 64, but I am having zero success.
   Am I using the correct emulator args to limit the memory and/or
what is the strategy for making the emulator exactly the same as the
device at least with respect to memory constraints/pressure?

thnx,
L.