What is meant is to add a menu button - or menu item - in another
application.

This is only possible if the hosting application explicitly provides
this possibility.

We do this in our OI applications, so that 3rd party applications can
add additional functionality on-the-fly... for example OI Voice Notes
appears as a menu extension in OI Notepad.

For this purpose, the hosting activity (OI Notepad) must call
addIntentOptions(....) when they create the menu
http://code.google.com/p/openintents/source/browse/trunk/NotePad/src/org/openintents/notepad/NoteEditor.java

while the other activity (OI Voice Notes) that wants to be included in
the first application shall specify an intent filter in the category
<category android:name="android.intent.category.ALTERNATIVE" />
http://code.google.com/p/openintents/source/browse/trunk/VoiceNote/AndroidManifest.xml

Peli
www.openintents.org