The way we are retrieving locations from our Android phones is to 1st
get a Coarse Location followed by a Fine Location. This is for the
case where the user may be inside a building initially and unable to
track satellites. After we get our coarse location we transition to a
fine location to track satellites. This method has been working fine
for several months. We recently upgraded to 1.5 and our mapping
application, to my recollection continued to work.

For the past couple of days we have not been able to get a coarse
location and we are receiving a status message in the onStatusChange
callback of LocationProvider.TEMPORARILY_UNAVAILABLE. We have re-
installed previous versions our code that used 1.1 and we are
receiving the same status message of .TEMPORARILY_UNAVAILABLE. Other
than the obvious description of the constant, we can find no
meaningful information.

We are still able to track positions using FINE_LOCATION.

Has anybody seen this message?
Are my local towers not providing the required data?
Any thoughts?

Setup:
Using Android G1 phones
Firmware: 1.5, Build# CRB43
Eclipse IDE 3.4.2 – 1700 with latest Android plug-ins
API - Google API (1.5)