Hi,

I have an app widget with a TextView in it. I set its android:autoLink
property to "web|map" so that the links can be clicked to launch them in
browser.

The links become clickable alright, but when I click on them an exception is
thrown while opening the browser Activity.

E/AndroidRuntime( 5923): android.util.AndroidRuntimeException: Calling
startActivity() from outside of an Activity  context requires the
FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK flag. Is this really what you
want?
E/AndroidRuntime( 5923):        at
android.app.ApplicationContext.startActivity(ApplicationContext.java:627)

E/AndroidRuntime( 5923):        at
android.text.style.URLSpan.onClick(URLSpan.java:62)

E/AndroidRuntime( 5923):        at
android.text.method.LinkMovementMethod.onTouchEvent(LinkMovementMethod.java:216)

E/AndroidRuntime( 5923):        at
android.widget.TextView.onTouchEvent(TextView.java:6315)

E/AndroidRuntime( 5923):        at
android.view.View.dispatchTouchEvent(View.java:3368)

This shows as "The process android.process.acore has stopped
unexpectedly..." on screen.

Since I am not launching the Browser activity in my code, I don't know where
I can mention the FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK flag.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Jayesh