Hi!

If you want to monitor the availability of GPS signals you have to
have a Listener constantly on the GPS_PROVIDER for status changes and
set and remove a different NETWORK_PROVIDER listener on those changes,
otherwise you won't get notified if gps signal is available again.

However you have to solve data passing and synchronization between the
two LocationListeners somehow.

If you need further help you can contact me in private.

    Zod.