Uh wait...  you want to recover data after it is wiped?  That is not what I
was talking about, I was just pointing out a command line tool you can use
on phones with root to do backup/restore of the data partition.  This tool
is basically just there for developers, who often need to wipe and restore
their data, and has lots of issues and limitations.  But if someone wants to
do something like it, the code is a code example to start from.