Hello,
I'm trying to develop a service, which needs to be run in background as a
 low priority task and does some complex processing . I need to gracefully
quit my service when their is a resource shortage( like CPU running low on
memory). Was there any APIs available to know the CPU resource usage ?.
Objectives of my service is to -
   1. Exit service when a high priority application(s) is running and which
 might need entire CPU resources.
  2. Should store my states before onDestroy() of my service is called.

I'm planning to use CPU resource usage api's in service to
check periodically the CPU load and quit the service if CPU load exceed a
threshold(80 %) after storing states. Please let me know of any better way
of handling the objectives of my service stated above. Thanks.

Regards,
Sukumar.