Friends,

in the following application----------

package mycom.ju.gmap;

//import HelloItemizedOverlay;

import mycom.ju.gmap.R;
import android.graphics.drawable.Drawable;
import android.os.Bundle;
import android.view.View;
import android.webkit.WebSettings;
import android.webkit.WebView;
import android.widget.*;

import com.google.android.maps.GeoPoint;
import com.google.android.maps.MapActivity;
import com.google.android.maps.MapView;
import com.google.android.maps.Overlay;

import java.util.ArrayList;
import java.util.List;

import com.google.android.maps.ItemizedOverlay;
import com.google.android.maps.OverlayItem;

public class gmap extends MapActivity {
     //Called when the activity is first created.

        MapView mapView;
        Toast toast;

        @Override
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

        try{
        mapView = (MapView)findViewById(R.id.mapv);
        mapView.setBuiltInZoomControls(true);
        mapView.displayZoomControls(true);
        mapView.setTraffic(true);
        }
    catch(Exception e){ toast = Toast.makeText(this,e.toString(),
Toast.LENGTH_LONG);
        toast.show();
                }

                setContentView(R.layout.main);

                }

        @Override
        protected boolean isRouteDisplayed() {
           return true;
        }

}

-------main.xml-----------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/
android"
    android:id="@+id/mainlayout"
    android:orientation="vertical"
    android:layout_width="fill_parent"
    android:layout_height="fill_parent" >

    <com.google.android.maps.MapView
        android:id="@+id/mapv"
        android:layout_width="fill_parent"
        android:layout_height="fill_parent"
        android:clickable="true"
        android:apiKey="02OwWVKUsUMSUwUZPEOHkWSQge2bW6FOISMYvDw"
    />

</LinearLayout>

The map is showing perfectly but but not in traffic view , neither the
zooming button is visible . I used the try -- catch    just to check
where the problem is . When ever I'm using mapv object to call any
method of MapView class it's giving Null Pointer Exception .  I even
tried other constructor of MapView class like

MapView( this, "02OwWVKUsUMSUwUZPEOHkWSQge2bW6FOISMYvDw") ;

I even checked whether mapv contains null or not [ using mapv.equals
(null)] . But it's not null either.

But problem remains the same .  Please helppppp .