Hi,

I have been looking for this for a while but I can't find any way of doing
it.  A contrived example would be a service that simply displays the name of
the current running activity as an Ongoing Notification.  For instance, when
the user is reading a particular email, the name of the activity (hopefully
the email title!) would appear in the notifications window and when the user
switches to read a text message, the notification would change to show the
name of the new activity.

Is there a way to do this in Android?

Thank you,
Paul Drummond
--
Iode Software Ltd, registered in England No. 6299803.

Registered Office Address: 12 Sancroft Drive, Houghton-le-Spring, Tyne &
Wear, DH5 8NE.

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the intended
recipient(s)") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is
privileged and confidential within the meaning of applicable law. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible.
The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily be the views
held by The Company.