You can create a xml file under res/drawable. For example: res/
drawable/text_style.xml

Here is the content:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<selector xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";>
        <item android:state_pressed="true" android:drawable="@drawable/
shape_2" />
        <item android:state_focused="true" android:state_enabled="true"
android:drawable="@drawable/shape_5" />
</selector>

Here is shape_2.xml
<shape xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";>
    <solid android:color="#FF0000FF"/>
    <stroke android:width="4dp" android:color="#FFFFFFFF"
            android:dashWidth="1dp" android:dashGap="2dp" />
    <padding android:left="7dp" android:top="7dp"
            android:right="7dp" android:bottom="7dp" />
    <corners android:radius="4dp" />
</shape>