Hi,

I would like to get the orientation of the phone i.e. its compass
bearing (azimuth), pitch (around X axis) and roll (around Y axis).

I have found the method 'getOrientation(float[] R, float[] values)'
which seems to serve this purpose, however I am unsure what I need to
pass to it as a parameter.

Apparently the two parameters are:
R               rotation matrix see getRotationMatrix(float[], float[],
float[], float[]).
values  an array of 3 floats to hold the result.

What is this rotation matrix and how do I create it?
Also the float array 'values' - is this just an empty array which it
uses to store the results of the method call, or does it need
populating with specific values?

Thanks in advance