You haven't told us how many dots that you have, but I do think it
sounds like an odd design. What kind of application is it? How often
are they moved? How many dots do you have? What do they represent?

I might of course be wrong here, but this sounds a bit like a common
problem that I often see in people who are starting with game
programming and is using e.g. one thread per "bullet" or what ever
they have that is moving.