While considering different possible scenarios for app conflicts
during ADC judging (i.e. someone installed the app from the market,
got the latest update, and is now offered an older version for
judging) I came up with an interesting posibility.

What happens if my app has "auto update" capabilities? There are
several toolkits out there offering this feature.

So when someone gets the app for judging, it will offer the user the
possibility of getting the latest version.

The only wording in the terms and conditions that seems to apply here
is "9.a. There is no opportunity to improve or modify an application
between the First and Second Rounds of Judging. "... but it seems to
imply that you won't be able to submit a new version, and that they
will distribute the original binary on both rounds.

Could we get some clarification from Google as to what happens in this
case?

- Is it allowed for my app to update itself?

- What happens when someone has installed my app from the market, has
updated it, and then gets to judge it on the contest?

- Will existing users of my app not be offered to judge it?

And for those of you claiming it would be unfair to update my app in
the middle of the contest, consider the case of an app that uses web
views to offer content produced by a web server... that application
can get "feature updates" at any time while still using the same
binary. I know it's the nature of the technology (and I'm glad it is
that way) but it does affect the "fairness" of judging.

And yes, all these issues make it very tricky to create a fair and
balanced judging process.