Your uses-library is in the wrong location see my copy:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
      package="com.mobilebytes.mymapview"
      android:versionCode="1"
      android:versionName="1.0">
      <uses-permission
         android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION" />
   <uses-permission
         android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" />
   <uses-permission
         android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
    <application android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:label="@string/
app_name">
        <activity android:name=".MyMapViewActivity"
                  android:label="@string/app_name">

            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
            </intent-filter>
        </activity>
        <uses-library android:name="com.google.android.maps" />
    </application>
    <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="3" />

</manifest>