I've put some screenshots up to show the differences. The app used was
declared as requiring midSDK 1;

1.5 HVGA : http://download.funkyandroid.net/15hvga.png
1.5 WVGA : http://download.funkyandroid.net/15wvga.png
1.6 WVGA : http://download.funkyandroid.net/16wvga.png

For those in doubt; The 1.6 one isn't zoomed by me, this is what
happens on the 1.6 donut emulator.

I understand the problem is down to pixel densities, but the point I'm
trying to raise is that if a developer does nothing with their app
they should expect differences between a 1.5 WVGA device and a 1.6
WVGA one will differ.

And yes, I understand that 1.5 WVGA isn't supported by Google, but
companies out there are doing it, so as Mark says, it's something that
developers need to make a decision about supporting (even if, like me,
the decision is to do nothing specific for it in the expectation 1.6
will gain traction on WVGA devices before 1.5 gets too settled in).

Al.