Did anyone get a confirmation e-mail that they got pass the
application screening?

Would've been nice if we got notice about whether our applications
were accepted or rejected.

Also, did anyone notice that the ADC2 application can sometimes be a
bit of a cpu hog when running in the background? Sort of degrades the
judges' experience - especially in the case of real-time games.

With skipping allowed, do the number of votes count towards the
overall grade of an application? Playing around with the judging app,
I found myself skimming through a lot of apps just because I didn't
want to activate my gps. Different apps require different amounts of
time to judge, but I think few of us will be willing to put a large
amount of time into an app before succumbing to the thought of 'what
the next one will be like'. If the number of votes are not taken into
consideration, I foresee a large number of 'niche' apps making it
through to the next round (would an app with one five star rating in
all categories be the best?). If not, we'll see the prettier, less
time consuming, easy to jump into apps dominating. I suppose splitting
everything into 10 categories does help balance things a bit.

:(