Perhaps a Trie data structure?

On Sep 27, 2009 2:07 PM, "mjc147" <westmead...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

That's a nice trick with the indexed column. I thought of something
like that with a column I use for ordering. That column only has a few
distinct values so I could split the query up on each of those values.

The 30 secs is an absolute worst-case scenario. Typical deep searches
take less than 10 seconds which I think is acceptable especially when
the user will be intentionally performing a "deep" search. But, yes,
splitting the search sounds like a good approach.

I'm yet to be convinced at the speed improvements from an alternative
storage mechanism.

Could someone please suggest such an alternative storage mechanism I
could investigate further?

On Sep 27, 10:14 am, Marco Nelissen <marc...@android.com> wrote: > Another
trick you could try is t...

> On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 6:56 PM, Marco Nelissen <marc...@android.com>